Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Thank You Shadow Box Card {12.20.2017}

Hello! Designer Chris here. I created a Thank You shadow box card using the Thanks Stamp Set. Let's peek at it!

Before I fully explain how I made the card, here is a peek from the top where you can see all the dimension of the card. It was about 3-1/2" thick.

Okay, to explain how I created this, I cut two pieces of red cardstock, at 6-1/2" x 10" using the 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine. I scored them both at 1/2" and 7". I also cut one piece of red cardstock and two pieces of black cardstock to 6-1/2" x 7-1/2". I also scored these at 1/2" and 7". All of these created a "front" of 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" square with tabs or side flaps. I laid down dies from the Venetian Lace Layering Die Collection and die cut the cardstock using the Tangerine Machine. After cutting the front piece, I layered it over the next layer of cardstock, and laid the dies inside the previous aperture to line them up. I taped the dies in with washi tape, then removed the upper (already die cut) layer and ran the next layer through the Tangerine.

After everything was die cut, and stamped out (I stamped the Thank You sentiment from the Thanks Stamp Set, using Versamark Ink , with my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, after treating my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag, and sprinkled on White Detail embossing powder and heat set it). I added 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to each of the tabs on each die cut piece. I layered them up and attached them to the large flap on one side of the back panel. All the shadow box layers squash flat and this is what it looked like before I adhered the right edges of each of the layered tabs to the side flap.

I also stamped out the butterfly from the Thanks Stamp Set. I stamped it with Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Black Magic embossing powder and heat set it and then fussy cut the butterfly and adhered it to the card. I use the Easy Clean Mat under my projects especially when using glitter or embossing powders because clean up is so easy!

I repeated the same process but used Firecracker Red embossing powder and fussy cut this one too.

Here is another shot of the full card, with all the dimension.

This was a really fun card to make. I love the dimension of it, and how lightweight it is, and that it folds flat for mailing or transporting. But, it is really sturdy and stands up very nicely. I will definitely be making a shadow box card like this again with other dies and stamp sets!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment