Friday, November 24, 2017

Kind Card for Mom (#47/52) {11.24.2017}

Hi! This week's card for Mom is from the Simon Says Stamp November 2017 monthly card kit. I trimmed a piece of green cardstock, from the kit, using my Tonic Studio 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". I scored it to make it a side-fold card, and set it aside. I trimmed a piece of patterned paper from the kit to 4" x 5-1/4" and adhered it to the front of the card. Then, I stamped out the "Kind floral" stamp using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and Versamark ink onto chocolate cardstock. Then I colored the image with Prismacolor colored pencils. Once I was done coloring, I placed it back into my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, reinked the stamp with Versamark ink, and stamped it over the colored image. The stamp platform allowed me to line it up exactly and stamp right over it! Then, I sprinkled on Gold Detail embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle, and heat set it. I fussy cut around the Kind floral image and foam mounted it over the patterned paper. And, cuz I couldn't stop there, I adhered some stickers from the monthly kit all around. Here is the card!

Here is a close up of the Kind floral image. It sure is a gorgeous stamp! This was a fun monthly kit, and I love the supplies in it!

I love how this Gold Detail embossing powder really makes this image pop! And I love how easy it is to stamp out the image with any ink, color it, then replace it into the stamp platform and ink it up again and then heat emboss it. It is much easier to get a nice colored image without knocking out some of the embossing powder!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully unique card for your Mom, the gold embossing is gorgeous!! I bet your Mom just loves getting all this happy mail!!

    ReplyDelete