Friday, September 15, 2017

Happy Card for Mom (#37/52) {09.15.2017}

Hi! Today's card for Mom is a card that is really just a background ... Let's check it out!

I stamped this Hero Arts floral background stamp onto Bristol paper, using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx ink, and sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder. I heat set it, and then started coloring! I used Pearlescent watercolors, and tried to go lightly on the water since it wasn't watercolor paper. It worked out okay. As I let it dry, I die cut the Alt E New Happy die sentiment from blue sparkle paper. I also die cut another Happy from black and layered it behind the blue Happy. This gave it a shadow and helped offset it from the background. Once the panel was dry, I die cut the panel with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die. And, I stamped out part of the sentiment onto vellum, using Versafine Black Onyx ink and also sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I trimmed the vellum into a narrow strip using my Tonic Guillotine Trimmer and adhered it to the card front. Then, I die cut some blue cardstock using the Scalloped Rectangle from Lawn Fawn. Layered this all together over a card base, and the card was done!

Another close up of the gorgeous flower in this background stamp!

I know Mom will love it ... simple, pretty, so fun, and lots of sparkle from the pearlescent paints and blue sparkle paper :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Chris. Good for you for keeping the ritual going of sending a card to your Mom every Friday. She'll love this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete