Friday, September 22, 2017

A Little Something For You Dahlia Card for Mom (#38/52) {09.22.2017}

Hi! Today's card is another attempt at using up some patterned paper ... I LOVE patterned paper but don't really know how to use it. I was inspired by some YouTube videos on "one sheet wonders" where you cut up a sheet of patterned paper and use it to make multiple cards. I was inspired by a 6x6 one sheet wonder. This is one of the cards I made, and this one is for my Momma!

I stamped out Sparkle N Sprinkle's Dahlia stamp set with Versafine ink, and sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I fussy cut the dahlia and matching leaves, and layered them over a white cardstock panel cut into an oval using the Tonic Die Layering Basics Die Set Mixed Edge Oval die. I die cut a black scalloped mat, using the next size up of the oval edge die. 

And, a sweet little sentiment stamped at the bottom of the oval. I stamped out Lawn Fawn's Tiny Tag Sayings sentiment. There are several sweet sayings, and I chose this one. It seemed just perfect :)

I am feeling more comfortable with patterned paper, and like how this paper all layered up and the beautiful dahlia image is just amazing!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Such a Beautiful creation, Chris! I love your coloring, the shading, and the dimensional layering. I'm intrigued by your attention to detail, and the lovely bold black frame! This is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chris! Wonderful coloring and the background paper really makes the hydrangea pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chris, colored beautifully, too, such a pretty stamp set!

    ReplyDelete