Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy Day Butterfly Circle Mom Card (#18/52) {05.05.2017}

Happy Day circle card for Mommy! I had so much fun with this card. Let's check it out, shall we?

I started by scoring and folding cardstock, and then die cutting it with a circle, with the edge of the die just over the edge of the paper at the scored and folded edge. This allows the card to remain intact across the fold line while also being shaped in a circle. So awesome! I used the Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circles Small die sets for this card. I cut the card base and then cut a scalloped circle and cut out the inside of the circle to create a frame. I used the standard circle die and cut a piece of vellum for the inside of the frame. For the sentiment, I die cut the Happy die from Alt E New, in black cardstock, and two times in white cardstock. I layered the two white ones together, and then adhered it to the black but slightly shifted to give a shadow effect. I also stamped out the "day" sentiment, from Alt E New's Halftone Happy stamp set, onto vellum, with Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder, and heat embossed it. I die cut out the "day" sentiment with the smallest circle, and layered up all the sentiments over the front of the card. I also cut die cut green paper with the Wildflower Corner die from Memory Box. I layered this over the vellum circle, and then die cut again with red paper. I inlaid the red flowers into the green die cut wildflower corners. Here is one of the flowers and the embossed sentiment below, along with some bling for one of the butterfly trails :)


I also die cut a butterfly, using the Pippi Butterfly die from Memory Box. Here is the butterfly with orange cardstock.

Most of the cardstock I used for this card is sparkly, all of them except the orange in the butterfly sparkle :) Here is a close up of the sparkly blue! These papers were perfect!

I also die cut another butterfly in black, then die cut it again in gold, orange, and vellum. I inlaid orange and gold into the black butterfly. Then, I layered the vellum and gold cardstock butterfly pieces over the base. I bent up the wings to give some dimension. Here is a side view of the triple layer inlaid butterfly!

This was a really fun card to make, and I like how it turned out. I think Mom will like it.

I am also submitting this card to the Cardz 4 Galz Shaped Card Challenge #46.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

4 comments:

  1. Very happy card indeed. I'm sure your Mom will love it. Great shape with all the dimension. Gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wha ta pretty card and I love shaped cards, this one is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is 100% gorgeous and CUTE! I love your color choices, and those amazing butterflies, Chris. The layers have totally captivated me! So happy to see you at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
    crafty hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great colors! (You should submit this to the Scrapy Land Challenge - anything goes using brands SL sells - which you have.)

    ReplyDelete