Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle's Christmas (in April!) Holly Blessings stamp set {04.05.2017}

Hi from Designer Chris! It is never too soon for Christmas ... the old saying Christmas in July is alive and well, and because it is April, I guess it is Christmas in April! And, it makes me happy! Let's check out the card I made using Sparkle N Sprinkle's new Christmas Holly Blessings stamp set. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! 

This card was so much fun to make. It has two great sentiments, so here is one of them. I stamped out the sentiment in Versamark Ink, after treating my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag. I sprinkled on Forest Green embossing powder and heat set it! It was so pretty! Then, I die cut the sentiment with an oval die and colored the edges with distress ink. Here is a close up of the sentiment. 

I stamped the holly and vase image in Versamark Ink, after treating my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag. I sprinkled on Forest Green embossing powder and heat set it! Then, I colored the image with Copic markers. Then, I whipped out my favorite liquid adhesive, and rolled on some adhesive using the Nuvo Glue Pen Small Tip. Then, I added some glitter to bump up the sparkle. I added Cloud Nine glitter over the red berries since it is a semi-transparent glitter. I used Luau Green glitter on the holly leaves. Here is a closeup of the holly in the vase.  

After stamping, embossing, coloring, and glittering up my image on the card panel, I decided I wanted more texture and layers. And, I needed a way to adhere and anchor the sentiment in the oval we saw above. So, I did two different techniques, one of which I learned from the AMAZING Demo Donna! She is such a hoot, and makes the funnest videos which she posts on the Sparkle N Sprinkle YouTube channel. If you haven't yet, you gotta subscribe to the channel and watch, learn, and laugh! Demo Donna has a video about gift wrapping, and she created Glitter Twine in it. Basically, take a strip of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape, and peel off a few inches of the release tape. Roll the end of the tape until the tape begins to twist and stick to itself. Continue pulling off the release tape and twisting the tape onto itself so it looks like twine. Then, dredge the rolled tape through a pile of glitter and viola! You have glittered twine! I did this with the 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and Collegiate Garnet glitter. I used the twine to run across the card and hold the oval in place. I tied it in a knot too. I also cut a card panel a little bit bigger than my image panel. I laid more 1/4" Tear-ific Tape along the edge of the panel, and sprinkled on Collegiate Garnet glitter and burnished it in. This made a nice frame to the main image. I layered all these layers onto my card base from white cardstock. Here is a close up photo of the glitter twine and the glitter matting layer.  

I tried to take a photo that did the sparkle justice. This was as good as I could get, but I wanted to show how beautiful the image is, and how sparkly the glitters are. This card makes me look forward to the winter holidays, even though we are just starting to get into spring where I live.  

This stamp set is beautiful and the holly in the vase is so classy and sophisticated. I love this image and this stamp set was such a joy to make a card with. Both of the sentiments are wonderful. I hope you joy in this set too! 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I agree so is the stamp set....love how you added all the sparkle and the design...another beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exquisite! I love how you have kept the image very soft and elegant with the pale colors, and dry embossed "table". Beautifully done, Chris! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Chris. Love the sophisticated look that this has! The monochromatic look on the white is so striking. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete