Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Winter Blue Jay Card [11.30.2016]

Here is another card using one of Sparkle N Sprinkle's new releases for November. My fellow SNS designers have created the most amazing cards and projects this month and they are all so beautiful and inspirational! They inspire and motivate me every day! For today's card, I stepped outside of my comfort zone and created a watercolored background and stamped over it. Let's peek at the card.
To start, I spritzed on two Nuance Powders, in Turquoise and Royal Blue colors. Then, I spritzed on some water which made the powders change to color and it was so cool! Very colorful! Then, I dried it with  my heat tool, and then I stamped the Winter Blue Jay stamp the bird in black ink over the colored background. I sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. After this, I used my Fine Nuvo Glue Pen and then adhered glitter strategically over the bird. I used Jasper Blue, Denim, Surf glitters.
For the sentiment, I stamped out the sentiment in black ink and again used Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it, over more of the watercolored background. I die cut out the sentiment and framed it with a larger die cut.
Another thing I did was to do an inlaid die cut / distressed edge around the bird. I die cut out the bird with a frame die, and then used an embossing folded to give some wood grain texture to the outer part of the card panel. I swiped my Versamark Ink Pad along the other edges of the bird frame die and the inside edge of the outer piece of cardstock. I sprinkled on Sky Blue Spark embossing powder and heat set it. You can see the embossing powder here.
I also decorated up the tree that the bird is sitting on. I used my Fine Nuvo Glue Pen to add adhesive to the tree, and sprinkled on Rose Gold and Lator Gator to brighten up the tree. I love it!
This Winter Blue Jay stamp set is gorgeous! I am in awe of all the cards that the SNS designers made this month using it. If you haven't yet, go through this month's Sparkle N Sprinkle blog posts and check out this gorgeous stamp used in multiple ways. You will be inspired!

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a magical day!-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment