Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Halloween Cat Card [09.21.2016]

One of Sparkle N Sprinkle's September new stamp releases is this really fun Halloween Cat stamp set. I love it! Let's check out what I did with it to showcase one of their new stamps as a Sparkle N Sprinkle Designer.
I stamped out the image on black cardstock with Versamark Ink, and then sprinkled on Orange Marmalade embossing powder and heat set it. This embossing powder is so much fun! You can see the different textures and colors within the powder, and it has a lot of depth to it. So pretty! Here is the full stamped image closer up.
The image really looked great over the black cardstock background. The cat and bats really popped off the background. The cat silhouette is so cool. Here is another shot of just the cat close up. I couldn't get enough of how neat this looked.
The Halloween Cat stamp set.also has a fun sentiment. I stamped it on black cardstock with Versamark Ink, and then sprinkled on Silver Lightning embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I cut it with a banner die in my stash.  I layered it in a corner so it didn't cover up any of the wonderful cat and moon image.
I also added a little pop to the sentiment with Crystal Drops Gloss Ripened Pumpkin. These drops are FABULOUS! They squeeze out so perfectly, and with a lot of nice heft and height. I LOVE them! The orange looked great against the black cardstock.
I also die cut some filigree and flowers and added them to the edge of the card. To add a little bit more pizazz to my card, I embossed some flowers. I die cut some flowers and swiped them through Versamark Ink, and sprinkled on Silver Lightning embossing powder and heat set it. I layered the embossed flowers over the edge of the card, and adhered it with Brushable Glue. After it was adhered, I squeezed on a dollop of Crystal Drops Ebony Black inside the center of the flower. It really added another nice dimension to the flower! Here is one of the embossed flowers. 
I also added on a bow using the Mon Ami Orange Pull Ribbon. This ribbon is so awesome. i cut about a 12 inch strip. I grasped both ends and then pulled the little string which easily created this bow! I tied the ends, and then glued it onto the card.   
I love Halloween! It is my favorite holiday :) This card made me so happy because it reminded me how close it is to Halloween. I will be dispensing lots of candy to trick-or-treaters. I can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Love the orange and silver against the black background Chris. The Orange Marmalade EP is perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so cool! Love the orange against the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Chris...I just LOVE it and all the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete