Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Flower Cart Thank You [08.10.2016]

Hi from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Designer Chris! Sparkle N Sprinkle's August release has this wonderful Flower Cart [798] stamp set. Let's check out what I created with it!

I stamped out the flower cart image in black ink using my MISTI stamp positioning tool, then colored the images with colored pencils.After it was colored, I put it back into the MISTI, inked up the stamp with Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] and stamped the image exactly over the original image. I covered it in Clear Detail Embossing Powder [EP280] and heat set it. This covered the black ink with clear embossing powder. Then, I pulled out my trusty and versatile Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky] and used it to draw ink in each colored flower. Then, I dumped on whatever embossing powder color I was using (Yes! you can use any adhesive to hold embossing powder in place and then heat set it!), dumped off the rest, and then heat set it. Here is a photo of the Dragon Fruit Embossing Powder [EP410] piles before I removed the rest, and heat set.
I did this for all the flowers. Here is a list of the embossing powders I used to add texture and color to the flowers in the cart:
Dragon Fruit [EP410]
Tuscan Sun [EP414]
Spring Willow [EP388]
Moss [EP418]
Mulberry [EP415]
Here is a photo of all the embossed flowers.
Here is a close up of the flowers and all the fabulous textures and colors from using all these amazing embossing powders!
The flower cart also has lots of texture from the embossing powder too. Check it out!
This flower cart gave me a vintage French vibe. To keep in line with that theme, I pulled out my Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder [EP465], sprinkled on some of the embossing powder in random areas (without using any embossing ink or adhesive), and heat set from below the paper. It is best to heat this embossing powder from below because it is really chunky. It will blow off the paper if heated from above since nothing is holding it to the paper. Here is a photo of one of the little splatter puddles of Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder [EP465].
To continue the French theme, I also applied Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder [EP465] to the frame. I die cut out a rectangle frame, smooshed on Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] to the edges, and covered it with Super Thick Gold Opaque Embossing Powder [EP235]. I heated it from the bottom, and then repeated this to add a second layer. After the second layer was done, I added some splatters of Fleur de Lis Embossing Powder [EP465] and heated again to melt the layers together. This gave the frame a lot of depth and texture.
I created another layer for the card. I cut a piece of white cardstock a little larger than the gold frame I heat embossed above. I added texture by inserting the cardstock into an embossing folder and running it through my Cuttlebug. I brushed the Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] over the raised areas, then sprinkled on Sparkle Semi-transparent Embossing Powder [EP107] and heat set it. Here is a close up of the layers.
 I also decorated the umbrella too. I used my Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky] and the Mulberry Embossing Powder [EP415] to decorate the bow and ruffle on the umbrella. Here are photos of them.
Here is the bow at the top of the umbrella.
The sentiment in this set is the perfect "Thank You" and is decorated with sweet little flowers as part of the font design. I did a resist technique to showcase the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] and sprinkled on White Detail Embossing Powder [EP298]. Then, I blended some Distress Ink over the embossed sentiment. Once I was done blending ink, I lightly rubbed a dry paper towel over the sentiment to remove any ink that was on top of the embossing powder. I fussy cut around the sentiment, layered it over a black piece of cardstock, and fussy cut around that too for a frame. Here is the sentiment.
This card was really fun to make, and I love all the layers and colors. These embossing powders really made these flowers come alive and look so pretty. Here is another photo of the card.
I can't wait to see what you create with this great stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! Love all the textures you've achieved with the EP's

    ReplyDelete